|

Sidewalk at Little Sable lighthouse

A forum for all lighthouse news and press releases.

Postby TenofHearts12 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Maybe this is old news but I was at the Little Sable lighthouse Aug 26 and a construction crew was there putting in a concrete sidewalk from the parkling lot up to and what I "think" will be around the entire light. I think it's great that now people with mobility issues will be able to get close up and personal with one of my most favorite lights. The guys were pretty busy so didn't bug em with lots of questions but they made sure any visitor found an alternative path over to the light. :-)
"Your never too old to do goofy stuff" (Ward Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 pm

It's NEW news to me......

From the 60's, when I first trugged up through the sand dunes to Little Sable, until the last time just a couple years ago, I always wished the way was just a teny bit easier....And now, looks like it will be......

What a great thing for those to be able to access the light....And along with the Tower Tours, where I got to see the inside of the light that I had been seeing the outside of for all those years...Well, this will be just fantastic.

See, Little Sable was the first Lighthouse I ever remember visiting, back as a child, when the family would vacation there. Later on, I lived in the area for a time, and would drive out and visit when I had nothing better to do.

Years later, I took my own children there, and when I caught the Lighthouse Fever, It was once again one of my first stops on Michigan's fabled 'Gold Coast'.....
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to Lighthouse News and Press Releases