|

Crisp Point To Shine Again

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the US Great Lakes Region
(Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and the lake lighthouses of New York & Pennsylvania)

Postby CHUCKX53 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 am

From the GLLKA Spring Update concerning Crisp Point Light on the shores of Lake Superior, located in the Michigan Upper Peninsula......

“Last year, Rick Brockway, President of the Crisp Point Light Historical Society called our office and informed us that his group was considering relighting their lighthouse as a Private Aid to Navigation, and inquired as to whether we had any information on the process involved. As a result of our previous successes in re-lighting the lights at Round Island and McGulpin Point, we had already created a set of instructions on the process in the Resources section of our Website, to which we pointed Rick and he moved forward with the project. We are happy to report that after twenty years of darkness, the Crisp Point Lighthouse will be relit on May 4, 2013, fulfilling the dream of late Society founders Don and Nellie Ross.”
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby BMR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 am

At dawn or dusk, I would once again defy death and the elements
to meander dirt covered, water filled county roads to see this
light lit ...
There are two pips in a beaut, four beauts in a lulu,
eight lulus in a doozy, and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
No one knows how many humdingers there are in a lollapalooza.
BMR
Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:49 pm

By general agreement, Crisp Point was my and my late wife's favorite lighthouse. I think the remoteness combined with with the sheer beauty of the site tipped the balance of which was our 'Most Favored light'. I believe she would have been very happy to learn that Crisp Point was once more an active light.

From the Crisp Point on-line newsletter.....Check the second photo.

http://crisppointlighthouse.org/crisp3.html
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby MontaukPoint » Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Great link Chuck. I have yet to visit the lighthouses of the Great Lakes west of Detroit, but I will at some point. Lots of interesting ones over there.
-----
Lighthousing.net Administrator

Lighthouse Photography and More:
http://www.alanbotphotography.com
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Return to Great Lakes Lighthouses