|

Lake Ontario Lights

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the US Great Lakes Region
(Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and the lake lighthouses of New York & Pennsylvania)

Postby Jen » Wed May 06, 2009 4:43 pm

This is way overdue and I'm going to attempt to post some fabulous images I've managed to take the last couple of years in between running my eBay business. I took this trip with Fran last summer from Toledo all the way to Point Vicente, New York. These images made my calendar for family for 2009 and it was a hit! Enjoy!

Not in any particular order -

Dunkirk Lighthouse

Thirty Mile Point

Braddock Point (private and was for sale last summer for over 2 mil - we stopped here about 9am and had permission from the owners to walk around their grounds)

Charlotte-Genessee

Sodus Point (I could have spent all day here)

Sodus Outer

Oswego Pierhead

Selkirk (very quaint)

Stony Point (also private, and the owners weren't home, so we had to take what we could get. The lighting was at the wrong time of day)

Tibbets Point (one of my favorites)

Grand Island Light (Buffalo area)

Fort Niagara
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby Hersh » Wed May 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Welcome back, Jen. Congrats on being able to get out and shoot with the young'uns in tow. No way I'd try that with mine.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:44 am

Echoing Mike, you and your work have been missed here for too long a time ... thanks for the tour, especially Toledo Harbor ... Michael must be ready for college by now, no?
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Jen » Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 am

Hi guys! Mike, your boys keep you very busy I'm sure, if they are anything Michael - he's become devilish at 3 1/2, and if I remember your guys just turned three! Hard to believe Mary will be in third grade next fall and Michael starts his second year of preschool (1/2 days four days per week) and then for 2010-11 he starts kindergarden all day, every day, so I will be home with no more kids during the day - what a thought!
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 am

Jen,

Great photos as always. It makes me want to take a trip around Lake Ontario this Summer.

I may have seen some of these lights as a child- but I don't actually reacall them. I had family in the Niagra Falls and rochester area and we spent some summer vacations up there.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Return to Great Lakes Lighthouses