|

Paranormal Research at Seul Choix

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the US Great Lakes Region
(Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and the lake lighthouses of New York & Pennsylvania)

Postby Grover1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:58 am

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby CHUCKX53 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 am

From the Article.....

The lighthouse is reportedly haunted by its former keeper, Joseph William Townshend, who passed away there and is said to linger still.
The overseas ghost hunters are also planning a second visit to have Kaczor take them to The Depot in the Mackinaw Crossings Mall, where Kaczor conducted a successful paranormal investigation earlier this year.

OK, here's some questions...........

What constitutes a "Successful Paranormal Investigation" ??

What kind of Ghost lives at an upscale shopping mall ??

Kaczor claims Northern Michigan is one of the most haunted places he has ever encountered……

Well,outside of the "Mystery Spot" I don't recall feeling any "ghostly" activity up there -- But, then again, I don't live there......So I would defer to our most recent resident of the area on this one...... :idea:..(Paranormal Camera).. :idea:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Grover1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:25 am

George and Marion Kirby? :wink:

... and who doesnt like a good ghost story, true or reasonably true?
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby LighthouseNews » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

CHUCKX53 wrote:
OK, here's some questions...........

And some answers? I'd really like for Jeremy D'Entremont (keeper) to answer these as he's way more experienced, but I have taken part in one at Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse with Jeremy. So I'll try.
CHUCKX53 wrote:What constitutes a "Successful Paranormal Investigation" ??

A successful paranormal investigation reveals either anomalies caught on camera or video, or some electrical pulses and EVF phenomena. Unfortunately, we didn't capture anything on video or camera that time. We did have some electronic activity when questioning the resident ghost(s), but the one in the lighthouse MAY have been related to electric wiring, although the activity showing on the monitor wasn't quite close to it. However, the activity in the basement of the house was not near to an electrical circuit at all. So all in all it was successful, if inconclusive. Oh, and three of us felt a coldness in the kitchen, a breeze if you will, not near any window.
CHUCKX53 wrote:What kind of Ghost lives at an upscale shopping mall ??

Male? Female? Adult? Child? Animal? :wink:
Actually can be any kind, just because the building is new doesn't mean the grounds are not haunted.
CHUCKX53 wrote:
Kaczor claims Northern Michigan is one of the most haunted places he has ever encountered……

Well,outside of the "Mystery Spot" I don't recall feeling any "ghostly" activity up there --

Then you've obviously never driven M-28 (when it was dirt/sand) with a huge raven following your car...flying ahead and waiting for you, doing it over and over again. Nor heard scritching sounds on the door of your motel at night. And the ghost towns up there, particularly Fayette. And then there's the Dogman.... 8O 8O

Seriously, any place can be haunted. I'm not sure I'd characterize Northern Michigan as the most haunted, but I'm sure it has its fair share of ghosties and ghoulies. :-SS
LighthouseNews
Head Keeper

Postby Terry_Pepper » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Ah yes! - Who would have imagined that ghosts would be used as a marketing tool! If you have a lighthouse - get yerself a ghostie!
Terry Pepper
GLLKA Executive Director
http://www.gllka.com

Seeing The Light
http://www.terrypepper.com

Terry_Pepper
LH.net Administrator

Return to Great Lakes Lighthouses