|

Round Robin Postcard Guidelines & signup - LHnRR-1

A forum to discuss lighthouse collectibles such as replicas, postcards, historical photos, etc. Due to their popularity, Harbor Lights replicas have a separate forum that can be found below.

Postby Pharologst » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 pm

LHOUSEnet ROUND ROBIN GUIDELINES:

* All cards will be new, unused, and in good condition, and contain a lighthouse somewhere on the picture side of the postcard. Standard size postcards only, no oversize. Membership is limited to USA (50 states) mailing addresses only at this time.

*Take as many cards from the Robin as you wish, replacing each with one from your ‘stash’. Remember, you will need a supply of cards on hand to replace cards removed. No more than two of the identical same card may be placed in the Robin.

* Post a note to the message board in the appropriate RR topic when you receive and forward the Robin. IF you expect to incur a significant delay in either receiving/forwarding (vacation, trips, etc) please post so that the next person can be aware of the delay.

*Please be sure to package the Robin to withstand the abuse of the USPS. Suggest a sturdy envelope with cardboard stiffeners to protect the cards. Trust me, if the USPS can break it, they will ! Also be sure to utilize sufficient postage. (I use 3-37c stamps as a matter of convenience even though less would suffice, its more than 2 but less than 3 stamps).

* Follow the mailing sequence established by the leader (me at this point, but there may be more than one going). Cross your name off the mailing list and mail to the next in order. If there is a cover letter and/or mailing labels in the envelope when received, please forward them when you mail it on. Be sure to put the RR# on the outside of the envelope such as “LHNRR1”, and later after we cycle through it will go to LHNRR1-2 (for cycle 2).

* You should keep the robin in your possession only a day or so before mailing it on.

* You may remove your name from participation by notifying the leader of the specific RR.

* RR’s will be limited to 10 people/RR max, although they may start with 6. Multiple RR’s may be used when participation warrants, and if we have sufficient participation and multiple RR’s going, we can shuffle membership after each cycle to keep card sources fresh.

That’s enough of the business legalese, let’s get on with the fun part !

I'm #1 for LHnRR1, and will post confirmations upon reciept of an email from yhou containing your name and mailing address Please be sure to state which RR and/or PCE you are signing up for in your email to me pharologst@webworkz.com .
George, KEEP THE FLAME !!
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Bill Edwards » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:48 am

For future consideration:
I would like to suggest that we don't shut-out our non-US friends from joining in the fun. Personally, I would like to exchange lighthouse
post-cards from other countries. Maybe run a separate one that would include them. I don't mind a little extra shipping cost and a little extra shipping wait to get cards from other lands that I probably will never get to visit!
Bill Edwards
Keeper

Postby shirin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:08 am

I agree Bill, including all in an exchange would be a great idea.

George, count me in for this round robin though and mark me as interested in an international exchange should there be enough interest!

shirin
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Pharologst » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:37 am

My plan from the beggining is to ultimately include international addresses as well, but based on past performances I thought it better to 'walk before we run'. I'm trying to stimulate interest and get these going, and some might balk (at least initially) at the added effort/postage for internationals. I personally would like to get as many international participants as possible for my own selfish reasons that my collection of domestic is bulging, but my international is in great need.
We can collectivley keep an eye on participation and interest and alter our course accordingly.
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Pharologst » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:44 am

As of this post I have the following 4 confirmed for this Round Robin

B. Edwards
Shirin
M. Pratt
G. Hood

We have room for 6 more !
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby bert911 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:22 am

I've just sent my info!

For those of us that also collect stamps, when you send the RR on to the next person, please consider using commemorative stamps on your packages if you have the time. It only takes a few extra minutes (if that) at the post office.

It also helps if you write on the outside of the package "DO NOT BEND".

Looking forward to adding to my collection!!

Robert
bert911
Assistant Inspector

Postby Pharologst » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:40 am

Robert is #5, room for 5 more!!
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby plebetkin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:22 am

just sent my info by pm
good friends mean good times
plebetkin
Lighthouse God

Postby Pharologst » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:56 am

Plebetkin: I have not received anything from you and have not been able to email directly. Pleae resend yhour name address to: pharologst@webworkz.com
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Pharologst » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:42 am

As of this date, we have only 5 confirmed participants (not counting plebetkin having received no response to any contacts). We probably can continue with this if the other four of you wish to start it, even though the participation seems low. Let me know via posts if you wish to go ahead with this even though it would appear addittional members are probably not forthcoming.
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 pm

Maybe there would be more participation if the sign-up was moved to the general lighthouse discussion forum. I rarely visit the collectors forum because I do not collect Harbor lights or other LH minatures, and that is I think what most people come to this forum for.

8)

Maria
Maria
Head Keeper

Postby Bill Edwards » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:57 pm

I'm willing...
Bill Edwards
Keeper

Postby plebetkin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:02 am

Pharologst:

I responded with the information.
good friends mean good times
plebetkin
Lighthouse God

Postby Pharologst » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:28 am

OK sports fans we have 7 members of the round robin. If anyone else wishes to join at any time just email me with your name and address.

I'll ge the package setup and sent off by the weekend and will post information of such.

The current roster is:
G. Hood
J. Spurlock
P. Lebetkin
R. DaVia
M. Pratt
S. Pagels
W. Edwards
Last edited by Pharologst on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pharologst
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby bert911 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:42 am

Pharologst wrote: Let me know via posts if you wish to go ahead with this even though it would appear addittional members are probably not forthcoming.

I am still interested.

Robert
bert911
Assistant Inspector

Next

Return to General Lighthouse Collectibles