|

EAST POINT IN WINTER

A forum to discuss lighthouses Mid-Atlantic Region of the US
(New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby AL » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:28 am

Last Monday (1-24) I made it to East Point Light on the shore of Delaware Bay for some winter photos

AL
New Jersey
AL
Inspector

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:51 am

Excellent, Al!! Thanks! :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby beachbum1616 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:32 pm

Thanks, Al. I always enjoy seeing photos of East Point, though I have never had the opportunity to visit. It is on my to do list, though. Something about that light always draws my attention.
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Maria » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:01 pm

Great shots, Al. :yay:
You must have worn out your snow tires driving all over NJ this week. With the weather being as cold as it's been, the snow sure has stuck around. On the bright side, I bet you didn't get bit by any mosquitoes :!:

8)

Maria
Maria
Head Keeper

Postby shaynas_mom » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:48 am

Al, those are really beautiful. I was fortunate enough to "climb" (if you want to call it that) East Point during the New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge in 2003. They were in the midst of restoring the interior at that time. I don't know how far they've gotten; this is done with Federal funds. The line really was too long during the 2004 Lighthouse Challenge, so we didn't get in it.

One negative thing that happened that I'll always associate with this lighthouse is that a factor of the tides and maybe it was a full moon, I'm not sure, caused the road leading to this lighthouse to be horribly flooded. We went through it and my car hasn't been the same since (electrical, although it's totally driveable). And on the way back (and we did not spend much time there at all), the road was totally dry! I thought I was going insane. What really interested me was that there was a Miata club - Miatas from many states - with their tops down, mind you - also doing this tour, and they all went through this flood "with no problem", someone said! Very odd! My car isn't THAT low!

Either way, I really like this lighthouse, and this whole Maurice River Township area.
shaynas_mom
Visitor

Return to Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses