|

Roanoke River--many photos

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby yvonnez » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the great photos of Roanoke River. We were there last year and it has really deteriorated since just last November. We plan a trip again this year.

Doesn't that Fresnel lens make you just about cry? I wanted to find a way to drive over there and rescue it. I got slammed by someone last year when I said that because there are more important lighthouses to rescue...it just seems like such a tragedy to see an irreplaceable thing like that big lens just turning into junk while dopes argue about money.

I cannot wait to be back at the Outer Banks. Thanks for giving me a brief smell of the ocean. The photos you took of Hatteras from the beach were almost like the old Hatteras before as I heard one guy say..."Before it got Wal-marted."

Yvonne
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
yvonnez
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby beachbum1616 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:44 pm

Yvonne,

Yes, it is a shame that the entire structure is sitting there going in to ruins. Christina and I were talking and we both agreed that if we win the lottery (we play on ocassion), that we will buy it an move it somewhere and take care of it. :D

I received a negative comment when making some statements about this light as well one time, so I haven't bothered to do so since. Yes, there are some other lights out there who need more help, but if you are talking about the lighthouse that I am thinking about, atleast someone is giving is some support and doing some maintenance to it, where as this one just sits. Anyway, getting off my soap box before I get started.

Thanks for the kind words about our photos and enjoy your trip.
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Previous

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports