|

Lighthouses of Kauai - Lots of Photos

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby shirin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:11 pm

Our second day of lighthousing was on the island of Kauai. However, first up are a couple of the views we had during breakfast on the boat.

First up was the trek from the ship out to Kilauea Point lighthouse out at the National Wildlife Refuge. This is where we got our views of the Nene I posted earlier in my post with all the bird photos.

And of course, what is a Hawaiian lighthouse without a view? These are from Kilauea...

And this little guy was hanging out there as well

Next up was the Nawilliwilli lighthouse. The CG did come out to give us a talk on the lighthouse history and history of the area but no access into the tower. And yes, it did feel like those planes were right over our heads! They surely weren't too far off!

Since we had time after stopping at the two lights that day, a few vans opted to head over to Waimea Canyon which is also known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. That was a nice drive that had a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs. Those photos I'll post separately later.

The Nawilliwilli lighthouse and the Kuki'i Point light we could see from where the ship was docked. As we left the island we were able to get some closer views in some mighty windy weather. Will have to post those at a later time though.
But I did manage to get a shot of Nawillwill past our ship.

shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Shirin,

My but that little feathered thing just exudes personality ... and thanks for the lighthouse shots as well ...
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports