|

Inspirational Imagery Website Update

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby Jen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:56 am

I'd like to invite the LN members to take a look at my new website, Inspirational Imagery, because I'm looking for feedback, good or bad, on the changes and additions I've made. If I have any typos, or incorrect information, I'd sure appreciate someone letting me know so I can fix it!

New galleries include:

- Lake Michigan Lighthouses
- Lake Huron Lighthouses
- Lake Superior Lighthouses
- Waterfalls
- The Upper Peninsula
- The Christmas Tree
- Wildlife

In March, I will be adding lighthouses of the Florida panhandle, and in April I will be adding lighthouses of New Jersey. In between that time, I will be expanding on existing sections, with priority on wildlife, Pacific Coast, and waterfalls. My goal is to have 200 images available by spring. I currently have 112.

Feedback welcome! Thanks!!
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby beachbum1616 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:48 am

Jen,

Not to change the subject, but how was your trip to Florida? Are you going to post your photos of the lights?

Back on topic...... I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow, I have to work a long shift today. :roll:
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Jen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:56 am

Haven't gone to Florida yet...two weeks from tomorrow! I can't wait!!
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby buster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Have a safe one. :)
Buster
NELL/ALF Member
buster
Inspector

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:27 am

Jen, I like what I see on your site, although I would love to see larger photos. Your shots are SO gorgeous, and they need to have more of a showcase! :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby Jen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi Leah! If you go into the site, and click on a specific item, like a poster, there is an option below the thumbnail of the item to make it bigger - then you will get a larger view of each image. :) Thanks for looking in!!
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby jaymatt1978 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Jen,

I enjoyed your blog very much!! I will add it to my long list of links on my blog loacated at:http://jaymatt1978.blogspot.com/which does actually have an entry dedicated to the Saugerties Lighthouse I visted over the summer. Eventually the blog will include more lighthousing trips, but for now it's pretty boring! Keep posting those wonderful photos!!
jaymatt1978
Keeper

Postby Jen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Justin, thanks for your kind words and for the link back! Do you receive a lot of traffic on your blog? I'm only getting 10 hits or so per day right now, but it's only been up for a couple weeks. I figure if I keep adding lots of descrpitive words the search engines will love me...haha! 8)
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby TWolfe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Jen, I saw your ad in the April issue of Lighthouse Digest. Is that the photo that was published in Lake Superior Magazine? Please let us know if that helps your business.

Your photo of Little Point Sable Light on page 9 is beautiful!! Did you know they were using it?

Tammy
TWolfe
Keeper

Postby Jen » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi Tammy!

Yep, the photo for LD in my new ad is the same one that won honorable mention in Lake Superior Magazine last year. And the Little Sable image was taken the third weekend in February, and I did indeed email it to Kathy Finnegan, Assistant Editor of LD, and she asked my permission to reproduce it. I wasn't sure if it was going to be this issue or not, but apparently so! Thanks for your kind comments. :)
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Websites