|

Ocracoke Dreaming......

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby beachbum1616 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 am

We returned from Ocracoke last night from a wonderful trip. Looking through all of the images that we captured there during our stay, here is one that I really like. There is lost more to come, and some updated info on the Bodie Island & Little Kinnakeet LSS as well.

Stay tuned.......

Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Hersh » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:59 pm

I really like that one Stephen, great composition !! It must be a challenge to try and shoot this one differently with only the one decent location to shoot from.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:54 am

Stephen,

I agree with Mike ... extraordinary composition ... especially with an obeject so recognized from a distinctive angle and perception. You twisted our expected view and for me it worked ...

I never realized the shape of the fence before, either ...

A thought ... because you ... and I ... and so many others have either visited this lighthouse.... or seen the "classic" shot before ... do you think this photo gives an impression of the tower being "taller" than it is?
Last edited by Grover1 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby vacastle » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:43 am

I like this one a lot, Stephen.
I bet you were laying on your back to get this shot!

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Great photo, Stephen. Now you gave me a real challenge for when I go in about 10 days ... I have to find a different shot! 8O That's OK... I'll look for one.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby beachbum1616 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Thanks guys for the props on the photo. One of the goals while photographing this light was to find different angles to shoot. You see the "classic" view as Barry put it so often, I wanted to get something a little different. I have others to share from different angles, but I am still working through the 700 images from the trip.

Barry,

I have looked at this photo several times. Sometimes I think it looks taller and other times I think no.
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Hersh » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:05 pm

I'd like to see some more, but I still say this one is excellent. I'm really proud of how you've improved as a photographer in the last couple years Stephen. Well done.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 am

It's good to see the progression people make... I have to believe anybody who's been on this board for awhile has learned something from it and that enables them to take those subtle lessons with them into the field, so to speak. I know I've picked up a thing or two from seeing all the great photos on here, especially from people like Gary, Hersh, Jen and just about everyone else. This must be why we have these boards to showcase our photos, not just to get feedback from others but also to help each other learn a thing or two now and then.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports