|

Maryland LH Challenge 06 - Piney Point

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby vacastle » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:06 am

The Maryland Challenge began with the typical drizzly cloudy weather that seems to haunt the challenge each year...

Piney Point on the Potomac River...

As a Harbour Lights collector, the main event for me during the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge this year was visiting with Harry Hines who is the artist/designer of all those detailed sculptures.

Harry Hines at Piney Point, MD (MD LH Challenge 06)

The sun finally begins to pop through at Piney Point. Shirin, this one's for you...

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby bert911 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:43 am

Judy ~

Nice photos ~ Thanks for sharing!

Robert

bert911
Assistant Inspector

Postby mombo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:15 pm

Judy I've never seen this lighthouse but from your first photo the keeper's house looks to be almost the same height as the lighthouse!?
mombo
Head Keeper

Postby Rob143 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:59 pm

mombo wrote:Judy I've never seen this lighthouse but from your first photo the keeper's house looks to be almost the same height as the lighthouse!?

It's pretty close to the same height. The tower itself is 35'. I haven't been to Piney Point since early 2002. I need to burn a few hundred gallons of gas this winter and visit some of the lights I haven't seen in several years.
Rob143
Head Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports