|

Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Beagles

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby Lighthouse Joe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 am

We survived the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge. It took 2 days and 650 driving miles. Friday night, the Sheraton Inner Harbor was nice though the staff needs courtesy lessons. We were off the next morning

Cheaspeake Lightship

Seven Foot Knoll - I missed getting a shot of them here

Fort Washington Light (Sorry, Frani chopped off the top).

Piney Point Light

Summer taking a walk along Piney Point's beach.

Pt. Lookout - No Pic. The light is on a National Park and in this section dogs are not allowed out of their vehicles.

Drum Point Light

Cove Point Light

That was all the lights we could make on day one. By this time Summer and Murphy were REALLY tired... of getting their pictures taken.

We spent the night at the Tilghman Island Inn. A very nice inn that is VERY dog friendly. We had dinner in the bar with Summer & Murphy. The house dog (a standard black poodle names Jasmine) visited, then fell asleep on one of the lounge chairs while another lady brought in her Maltese to have a drink at the bar. We were off and running the next morning.

Hooper Strait Light

Turkey Point Light - Summer & Murphy like the mile long hike through the woods to get to the light.

Corcord Point Light - the last light on the challenge.

After all these lights and a badly misinformed GPS unit, we actually finished second at Concord Point, and we didn't even try.

Well, next month is the New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge. Summer & Murphy are old hat with this one. They have done it twice before.
Lighthouse Joe
Head Keeper

Postby epona » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:09 am

Just what makes a place dog friendly? I have also overheard that a place was not at all dog friendly even if they allowed dogs to stay.

Does anyone know if a book or say a calendar has been produced with dogs or cats in all of the pictures?

I wish you could leash train cats.

It sounds the weekend was long but well worth it.

Carole Aka Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby PaulCoover » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Great shots Joe! I think I saw you once over the weekend, I remember seeing the 2 dogs. I think the only thing I love more than lighthouses is our 9 (yes, that's 9) dachshunds. I wish we could have taken them, but I couldn't imagine flying with 9 dogs!

Thank you for sharing!
PaulCoover
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Biggy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Great job getting the dogs in all those shots, Joe! Hey, maybe there's a trend ... Pet photography at lighthouses! LOL =)) Oh, and thanks for bringing back memories of when my beagle, Samantha, used to go everywhere with me ... back when I was a few years younger (ok, maybe about 15 years ago). LOL
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports