|

Boats Makes News

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby Grover1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Gary Martin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:08 am

Congrats, Boats, a very fitting tribute to your labors!
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Hersh » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:22 am

A great tour of the Boatyard indeed. Boats, we're all proud of you for all you've done and who you are. And we're proud to have you here with us. And a big thanks to Diana for standing with you during the long, coffee fueled nights in the shop.

But nine cats? That sounds like punishment to me. :D
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:59 am

:yay: What a fablulous story, Boats!!!!! Congratulations on finally getting some of the attention that you so richly deserve. I'm proud to know you!!!!

:D ^:)^

ps: Barry, I think this one deserves a link on the Home Page!!!!
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby Hersh » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:28 pm

Here here !
Mike Hershberger

Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Asked and answered ...

(I didnt want to step on the calendar announcement ...)
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby epona » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:05 am

What a great article on Boats and Diana. We are very lucky to have Boats as a part of our crew here at Lighthousing.net.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 am

What struck me funny was, the writer mentioned that Seabeck is a town with a funny name. The paper is from a place called Kitsap. :-s
Mike Hershberger

Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:05 am

What struck me funny was, the writer mentioned that Seabeck is a town with a funny name. The paper is from a place called Kitsap.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all in one's perspective, I guess, Mike..................haha!!

Thanks, Barry. You're a peach. :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Good Morning Folks and Happy Veterans Day, Thank You for all for the nice words. Seabeck was at one time a ship building area back in the late 1890s too about 1920s, small ships. fishig boats, lumber boats, well it was a busy place. Today there is no sign of the past except for a few old buildings here and there. Kitsap is the county or township as known on the east coast to some. Well we or set up for Christmas in that I put up about 2500 feet of LED lighting on and around the lighthouse. Tonight we will light off the lights for Veterans Day and they stay on till after New Years Day. Turned on at sunset of course. The weather station is up and working, the sound system is in the ready to play Christmas music, I even had to cut the grass again thinking the the last time I cut it would be the last time this year. Its rain again today, tonight and snow in the montains. Soon the snow will be on the lighthouse. Then I'll need to get the Bobcat out and clear the road. The fire box in the shop will keep me warm enough to keep working on Freedom Point Memorial Lighthouse, and the other dutys in and around the grounds. My job is easy and I enjoy what we do here. Being retired did'nt say stop working, just do a different joy at home or where ever. Note.. I said "JOY " not job. And my hate size is still the same :roll: If and when the rain stops long enough for a night shot of the lights, I 'll run up the hill with the film Camera and take some time shots, not sure how to do it with the digital just yet. Been on the phone the last half hour while trying to get this done so I better get stop and get busy, so stay safe and Think "Christmas" A good time of the year. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby TWolfe » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Very cool. That's a great article. It brought back memories of our visit in 2006.
TWolfe
Keeper

Postby boats » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Tammy that was a long time ago that you two where here, well it seems.. Veterans Day was another big storm here as we had a wind/rain storm hit us again. Winds up to 97 mph, more snow in the mountains plus we can see alot off snow just west of us. Right now its 32f and the wind is not so bad as the storm is moving East. The mountains passes or snowed in tonight. And I can't get the Seahawk game on the TV. The generator is in stand by, well its dam cold here tonight. Good to hear from you. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Return to West Coast Lighthouses