|

Substantial overhaul of St. Joes Pierhead light

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the US Great Lakes Region
(Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and the lake lighthouses of New York & Pennsylvania)

Postby NoahG » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 pm

As I posted here. The USCG is currently soliciting contracts for a rehabilitation project of the St. Joseph Pierhead light. It looks like this project will contain a complete rebuilt of the concrete foundation, welding shut the catwalk level door, re-glazing of the port hole window and lantern, replacement of the deck grating, as well as a detailed cleaning and repainting of the light inside and out.

Detailed drawings and plans for this project were recently posted here on the right hand side of the page.
Noah G.
NoahG
Head Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:37 am

Noah, are they going to start work on that this summer ??
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby NoahG » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 am

I really don't know, I just found these bids online. I have no connection to the companies hired. Maybe either Terry knows more, or I can try making some phone calls. Either way it sure would be neat to get some construction photos.
Noah G.
NoahG
Head Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:52 am

Sure would be nice for us to be able to access this kind of stuff -- Like when they took of the Cleveland East BW light to re-build the crib and no one knew what happened to it for awhile......

On the flip side, your finding that site. does at least, gives us a heads-up about their plans.......
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to Great Lakes Lighthouses