|

GREAT LAKES LIGHTHOUSE PATCHES

A forum to discuss lighthouse collectibles such as replicas, postcards, historical photos, etc. Due to their popularity, Harbor Lights replicas have a separate forum that can be found below.

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:31 am

Over the past decade that we have been going to lights on the Great Lakes area, my lovely wife and I have been able to collect quite a few patches of Great Lakes lights...........

We have seen, from time to time on our travels, a few others with our "Patch Passion", displaying them on black vests as to show where they had been..........

So, I thought we could have a listing here of which places have Great Lakes patches -- Not everyplace has these, sadly, but for the few that do, we could get a "Database" of sorts going here, so as to let anyone here interested know at what lights these patches can be found....

There is 4 basic categories of patches --------
1) Round, Square, Oval, Rectangle, Triangle, Etc...That has the name & the Image of the lighthouse on the patch....
2) Round, Square, Oval, Rectangle, Triangle, Etc...That has the name of the PLACE, but not the name or the Image of the lighthouse....
3) Generic-type patches, that may have the name & Image, but the patch material contains only the bottom portion with a name and the top portion with a light tower, These patches have no other background backing......
4) Other patches from areas without lighthouses..........
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:32 am

I'll put a list of patches here that we have gotten at the lights we have been to...And if there is other Great Lakes lights that anyone knows of where patches can be gotten, can be posted here also..(Just Great Lakes Patches for this thread)..........

Category 1 --- Old Mackinac Point, Round Island, White River, Point Betsie, Grand Traverse, Point Iroquois, Whitefish Point, Old Presque Isle, New Presque Isle, Eagle Harbor, Copper Harbor, Grand Island East, Marquette, Detour Reef, Eagle Bluff, Two Harbors, Split Rock, Apostle Islands (6 lights on patch), Marblehead, Old Sodus Point.

Category 2 --- Isle Royale, South Manitou.

Category 3 --- Middle Island, Sturgeon Point, Old Mackinac Point.

Category 4 --- Soo Locks, Mackinac Bridge, Pictured Rocks, Leelanau St. Park, Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Weasel58 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:07 pm

This is my Patch Jacket...mostly East Coast and California Lights. I have 21 patches from the Great Lakes I plan to put on another jacket in the future. Many of them are ones you listed.
By weasel58 at 2009-06-21

The ones I have you did not list.

Group 1: Seul Choix Pt., Big Sable, Saginaw River Rear Range
Group 2: Pictured Rocks (Pt Au Sable)
Group 3: Forty Mile Pt
Group 4: Harbour Lights 2005 Reunion with Round Island, a freighter, and the Mackinac Bridge.
Eric Sharp
Weasel58
Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey, that's great, Eric --- Thanks a lot !!!

I've noticed there's not a lot from Lake Erie or Ontario, or Wisconsin, Illnois or Indiana......
So anyone else out there, keep 'em comming...........TNX, CHUCKX53.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to General Lighthouse Collectibles