|

Midcoast Maine Lighthouse Challenge

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the New England Region of the US
(Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont)

Moderator: vacastle

Postby Paul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Anyone here planning on doing the Midcoast Maine Lighthouse Challenge this weekend?

Hope to see you there!

My wife Peg and I will be at the Maine Lighthouse Museum Saturday from 8-3 hosting the Lighthouse Keepsake Sale to benefit the museum. There will be lots of great items including Harbour Lights LLOM, Framed Lighthouse Pictures, Lighthouse Books, Swarovski Crystal Bracelets & Earrings and More! We will be boarding the Elizabeth Ann at 4pm for the Sunset Lighthouse Cruise being sponsored by the Friends of the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse.

My best, :D
Paul Conlin
ALF
Help Keep Ken Black's Dream Alive
Join or Make a Donation Today!

Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive P.O. Box 1116
Rockland, Maine 04841

(207) 594-3301

www.MaineLighthouseMuseum.org
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby PaulCoover » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 am

I had the pleasure of volunteering at Dyce Head on Saturday and Marshall Point on Sunday. The weather was not very cooperative, but it was still a fun event. I had the chance to meet many lighthouse fans from all over the country and a good time was had by all!

Hope to see you there next year!
PaulCoover
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby Paul » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Peg & I were at the Maine Lighthouse Museum from eight in the morning until almost four in the afternoon and we heard nothing but good comments from the participants in the lighthouse challenge. Apparently everything worked well and everyone realized the one thing that we have no control over is the weather. I did sell some of my lighthouse pictures to benefit the MLM, but people didn't seem to be in a spending mood.

The Lighthouse Sunset Cruise hosted by the Friends of Rockland Breakwater Light was also a success! The boat was full to say the least. I am sure everyone who attended had a great time! The sun seemed to evade us but there was no rain either just some fog. The food was great and there were lots of raffle prizes!

My best, :D
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Help Keep Ken Black's Dream Alive
Join or Make a Donation Today!

Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive P.O. Box 1116
Rockland, Maine 04841

(207) 594-3301

www.MaineLighthouseMuseum.org
Paul
Assistant Inspector