|

"The Legend of the Seahawk" - The Stone Ridge Lighthouse

Have you come across a good book, story or narrative regarding lighthouses, keepers, or lighthouse-related material? Share it here.

Postby adele » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

I just recently joined this forum - I have been looking for a good lighthouse related forum, don't know how I missed this.

I recently wrote a novel that centers around a lighthouse (The Stone Ridge Lighthouse). I tried very hard to "get my facts straight" as it related to manning lighthouses in the past, conducting research and traveling to New England. I was in touch with a gentlemen from the U.S. Lighthouse Society who helped me with terminology and scenes in the story. Hoping the story interests those who read it to contribute to the cause of restoring and maintening lighthouses I included in the back of my book the U.S. Lighthouse Society address for contributions and have linked to their site from my blog.

I am very interested to hear from other lighthouse enthusiasts about the story. If you are interested in the story it is available from amazon or other outlets listed on my blog. I'd like hear from you.

The Legend of the Seahawk
Description: In the small Connecticut seaside town of Stuart Cove, David, a young ambitious professional takes a short leave of absence from his job at the New York Daily Press to settle his elderly aunt’s affairs after her death. On a visit to the Fishhook Pub, an old fisherman approaches David. This old man has a story to tell—a story about a lighthouse keeper named Danny and the loss of the fishing vessel, Seahawk. She went down during a storm back in 1956, but as the old man says, “That doesn’t tell the whole story.” David finds his life, and the lives of others, forever changed by this tale and the spirit of the Seahawk’s captain, Scott Spear.
adele
Visitor

Postby Grover » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Adele ...

Welcome and best of luck with your book ...

Many reviews can be found thru GOOGLE ...

"There are two pips in a beaut, four beauts in a lulu,
Eight lulus in a doozy, and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.

No one knows how many humdingers
there are in a lollapalooza."
Grover
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:06 pm

... and while not looking for it, I DID find
this YOU TUBE trailer for the book ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3U_f7FHgU
"There are two pips in a beaut, four beauts in a lulu,
Eight lulus in a doozy, and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.

No one knows how many humdingers
there are in a lollapalooza."
Grover
Lt. Commissioner

Postby adele » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:50 am

For you e-book readers out there - today is the last day of "Read an E-Book Week", I have "The Legend of the Seahawk" available at half price $1.25 at Smashwords.com during this week.

Also, I have a new book trailer available (shorter) at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXrMdJhmfY
adele
Visitor

Postby adele » Sun May 09, 2010 3:28 pm

I welcome you to view my new and improved (I hope) book trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0jiaW8f-s
adele
Visitor

Return to Lighthouse Books, Stories, & Narratives