|

Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work

Forum to discuss all areas of lighthouse technology such as optics, fuels, fog signals, radiobeacons, daymarks, construction, etc.

Postby lyndono » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919
found this complete 33 page brochure at a Garage Sale!!! cost me $1
cannot download it all as its 5MB in total- enjoy!

Would like to download for everyone but this website- as good as it is- limits it to 2MB and 3 attachments only, also here in Australia the Telco is attrocious, I might as well be in the third world (however I am sure the Third World would be more advanced)

The brochure itself, after the first 3 pages, has one page examples of their lens', acetylene, kerosene items etc-for example page 6 has a full page photo of a 'Second Order single flashing light' the print quality is average (even though its an original). I also managed to get a box of other brochures, after all these years of visiting op shops and garage sales I finally have a win ( I went home a drank half a bottle of Makers Mark in celebration!) another great brochure is Pintschs Patent Lighting Company of London - looks old- no date- but the phone number is London 1477 !!!! all the AGA catalogues are 1 or 2 pages each and look like actual service updates from the company (see the AGA sunvalve catalogue I put on this website for an example)
Now all I need to find is original cap badges from the Commonwealth Lighthouse Service..... :D

Terry- I am not very computer literate so even just downloading these pages was an effort! however is their any way I could download these all to you, and have you share them on the site? I have scanned them all (hundreds of pages) and would love to share them with fellow lighthouse nuts free of charge
Attachments
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_02.jpg
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_02.jpg (168.6 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_03.jpg
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_03.jpg (206.83 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_01.jpg
Pages from Chance Brothers Typical Illustrations of the Lighthouse work 1919 pages 1 to 12_Page_01.jpg (196.62 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Last edited by lyndono on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
lyndono
Visitor

Postby LeadingLight » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am

Wow, that's a trouvaille. Lucky you :yay:
Leading Light
Frans la Poutré
The Netherlands
51 34 06.7 N - 006 01 57.8 E
LeadingLight
Head Keeper

Postby NoahG » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Where can I view the entire thing? Thats simply awesome.
Noah G.
NoahG
Head Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 am

This is absolutely Cool…..I agree, I want to see more…. :!:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Terry_Pepper » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Could you possibly upload it somewhere - even in sections and let others download it directly, so as to avoid email limitations? Would love to see high res scans of the individual photos - especially the overall shot of the lens assembly area at the bottom of the page.
Terry Pepper
GLLKA Executive Director
http://www.gllka.com

Seeing The Light
http://www.terrypepper.com

Terry_Pepper
LH.net Administrator

Return to Lighthouse Technology