|

Fifth and Eighth Order Drum Fresnels (help appreciated)

Forum to discuss all areas of lighthouse technology such as optics, fuels, fog signals, radiobeacons, daymarks, construction, etc.

Postby MikeHackworth » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:39 am

Hi. I just registered and have enjoyed a quick review - what a wealth of information!

Photos of recent acquisitions are attached and I would really appreciate any information on them (makers in particular). The fifth order lens was from the Great Lakes and the eighth order lens from Kaliningrad. More photos are available if it would help.Thanks for any information. Mike
Attachments
fresnel1.jpg
fresnel1.jpg (51.07 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
fres1.jpg
fres1.jpg (27.13 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
MikeHackworth
Visitor

Postby LeadingLight » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Difficult to say anything about these, with only the photos as information source. Most optics have the name of the builder somewehere in the copper. If that's not the case here, I think it's almost impossible to find the builder. If you know on which sites these optics have been used, that might be an entrance to more information. Otherwise I'm afraid I cannot help you.
Leading Light
Frans la Poutré
The Netherlands
51 34 06.7 N - 006 01 57.8 E
LeadingLight
Head Keeper

Postby MikeHackworth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 am

Leading Light - Thanks for comments. I have contacted Terry Pepper, and at his suggestion Tom Tag. Tom or others on this forum may be able to identify these lenses by comparing them to other known lenses with the same size, shape and other characteristics. For anyone interested in smaller fresnel lenses, there was a great thread in this forum in 2005. Mike
MikeHackworth
Visitor

Return to Lighthouse Technology