|

Worldwidelighthouses

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby WWLighthouses » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi, im new to this site, and just wondered if somebody could please give me feedback on my site? www.worldwidelighthouses.com (Or .co.uk)
Im 15 as of the time ive posted this, and since 2005 i have visited over 100 (Probably nearing 150 or something) lighthouses in europe.
All photo's and video's on my site are my own, but sounds are not - i have aquired them from youtube ( im looking for other recordings, from places other than youtube, to keep an archive of fogsignals around the world, if anybody has any, i would be glad to hear from you!!! :] ) I AM aware that some pages are not yet linked up - thats because ive just completely revamped the site, and its a single personed opperation, getting all pages up to speed...it could be a while before all pages work. Please report any broken links, too! ...im just rambling on now, so thanks in advance everyone! like i said, i would really like some feedback! Www.worldwidelighthouses.com
WWLighthouses
Visitor

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Wow, that's impressive for a start....I like the way it's set up. Although you didn't say, I take it you are in the UK ?

Some suggestions......Us Yanks over here don't use the Metric System, so maybe you could add conversions in Feet & Inches ? Also, I noticed you have 2 'Leading Lights' sections, one could be eliminated. Over here, 'Leading Lights' are known as 'Range Lights', you could add that also.

On the Great Lakes was used a seventh type of Fresnel Lens, a type "Three & A Half Order", midway between a Third Order and a Forth Order. You could include this also. Here's a couple of links on the Third & A Half Order......

http://www.michiganlights.com/fresnel.htm

http://www.terrypepper.com/lights/closeups/illumination/fresnel/3-halforder.htm
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby WWLighthouses » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks for the advice...and yes, i am from the UK
WWLighthouses
Visitor

Postby MontaukPoint » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 am

I like your site. I am currently working on a big revamp of my own, so I know how much work is involved.

You have some good photos. May I ask what camera you are using?
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby WWLighthouses » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply...i believe its a Lumix camera, using a Leica Lens...has a 12 optical zoom (Great for zooming on particular areas of lighthouses, or getting distant photos of ofshore lights or ships.
WWLighthouses
Visitor

Return to Lighthouse Websites