|

2nd Annual Maine Lighthouse Museum Celebration Weekend

Forum to post events, lectures, gatherings, or other lighthouse related events!

Moderator: vacastle

Postby Paul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am

SAVE THE DATES;

Join us for a fun filled weekend in July!! Our 2nd Annual Maine Lighthouse Museum Celebration Weekend will be held on July 27-29th this year! We are starting the planning earlier this year to reach out to as many people as possible so that they can make plans ahead of time.

There will be lots of fun for everyone, including a John Mock Concert, an auction with many lighthouse and maritime releated items, a book signing with some famous, well known authors, a craft fair, a dinner and a special presentation by the Flying Santa of the Lighthouses!

Please tell your friends and family about this exciting weekend to benefit the Maine Lighthouse Museum! More details will be posted as they become available! You may check our website at http://mainelighthousemuseum.org for further information or see us on Facebook!

Keep a Good Light!

My best,
Paul Conlin
Event Coordinator
Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive
Rockland, Maine 04841
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby island » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

It has been nearly a year (Jan 10th) when I first notified this organization that their old website http://www.mainelighthousemuseum was still on the internet and the first to come up when Googled "Maine Lighthouse Museum." This incorrect site address is listed as a link on many other sites; lighthouse sites and tourist information sites. I have notified the MLM twice since yet nothing has been done to fix this old site address such that it will link to the current site.

In my opinion not fixing this website matter is irresponsible and indicative of the slack management of this facility. Is this how they also manage their museum collection? I have original lighthouse and LSS materials that I will be donating to some lighthouse organization in the future. It will likely not be this museum.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Paul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

There is no way to fix the problem and link the old site to the new one. The old domain was bought by someone who is using it to sell cigars and who knows what else! The old site now has nothing to do with the museum. I notify all involved whenever I see the old site being mentioned and ask them to please correct the website to the current one.
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby island » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am

There is no way to fix the problem and link the old site to the new one.
This is a self-fullfilling prophecy. Sitting on ones hands. What else can the management of MLM not fix? The problem is this site is accessed by those who are potential MLM vistors, who might become MLM members and maybe a potential benifactor seeking information about MLM with this dead site conveying the unstated message, "Closed. Gone Out Business." Anything and everything that deters visitors, potential members and potential benifactors must be fixed. Any of the visitors may become a benifactor.

who knows what else!
I know what else. Not a thing. Nothing. The product links on this site were removed last January perhaps cooincidentally after I first emailed MLM on this subject No new links have been added. The site is dead. The current owner is not earning one dime of revenue. This site might be purchased back by MLM for less than it was sold.

I notify all involved whenever I see the old site being mentioned and ask them to please correct the website to the current one.
This is reactive. Proactive management would be to search for these sites, not wait unitil one happens upon them.

It is totally astonishing that MLM managment would actually sell its unique brand name and the directors would agree to this!!
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Paul » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm

FYI The MLM management did not sell this site to anyone! Maybe they can buy the domain again and link the site if it is available. Thanks for your concerns!
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby island » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 am

I am quite concerned. I have significant interest and concern for the future of the MLM.
Last edited by island on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello, Your first name escapes me but I believe your last name is Gamage? You certainly have lots of lighthouse people and heritage in your family. Ken was a wonderful person and a great friend and that's why I do everything I can to help keep his legacy alive! I will try my best to find out if the old domain can be repurhased so that we can link it to the new site!! Thanks again for your interest and concern!
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby island » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Last name correct. First name David.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Events