|

About "Lighthouse News and Press Releases"

A forum for all lighthouse news and press releases.

Postby MontaukPoint » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm

This forum is for posting all lighthouse news articles and press releases. Please only post them here.

News links posted in other subforums (unless they're directly related to a topic being discussed) will be moved here. This will make it easier for forum members to catch up on lighthouse news without having to read through multiple subforums each time.

Thanks.
-----
Lighthousing.net Administrator

Lighthouse Photography and More:
http://www.alanbotphotography.com
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby island » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 pm

It is difficult to predict which of the news items will become a discussion topic. The topics of initial news links posted though less frequently than in the past often became topics of further discussions and then later at times include the posting of additional news link updates on the same subjects. The topics of PEI lights, Beachy Head and Hillsboro Light are examples of those that began with news links.

If a viewer was seeks catch up on posted lighthouse news the "view active topics" function would lead to the most currently posted updates over a period of one year. If a person was for some reason seeking old, out of date news items on one particular subject such might be more easily located in the geographic or other "sub-forums", or perhaps might be more quickly found elsewhere using Google.

But this appears it may be a mute point as Grover for some reason is no longer posting news items.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 pm

I noticed Grover's lack of posts as well. His last post was 17th Feb.
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Wasn't that when the changeover occurred ? Maybe he can't get access for some reason ? I myself had to 're-find' the forum and save the link again.

I do hope Barry is Alright, he's a fine fellow. If anyone has his Email, could send him a message.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby island » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Email addresses of members should be in an administrator membership file and that which enables the board members if they desire to receive email notification of a replay to recent posts or private messages.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 am

CHUCKX53 wrote:Wasn't that when the changeover occurred ? Maybe he can't get access for some reason ? I myself had to 're-find' the forum and save the link again.

I do hope Barry is Alright, he's a fine fellow. If anyone has his Email, could send him a message.

Can you not send him a PM?
Colin
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby MontaukPoint » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 pm

I created this subforum following advice from a few of the members. I'll keep this active for another few weeks. If it doesn't catch on, I'll remove it.

This forum isn't made to discourage activity in the other forums -- if you feel that an article will create a discussion, or have something to add to the article (ie: "I was at the ______ lighthouse some years ago, and its nice to see some new restoration activity there. Read this article for more information. Here are some pictures I took showing the unrestored strucutre.....etc."), post it in whichever regional forum you want. If the article is just going to contain a link (ie: pure news), post it here.
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby island » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 am

If an item posted in "Lighthouse News and Press Releases" becomes a discussion topic then it may be relocated to an appropriate location using the moderator/administrator tools for that purpose.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse News and Press Releases