|

Japanese Tourists to Visit New England

A forum to discuss non-specific lighthouse topics. If a topic doesn't fit into one of the other forums, put it here.

Postby shirin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:05 am

While in Japan this summer I had the opportunity to meet Yoshi Yamaguchi the owner of the Lighthouse Depot afflilated stores in Japan. When I stopped by his Lighthouse Keepers store I got a chance to speak with him for quite awhile about lights in the U.S. and Japan. Yoshi is bringing a tour group of 13 Japanese tourists to New England in early October. He's expressed an interest in having the group meet some American lighthouse lovers if at all possible at some point during their stay. So, if anyone is interested, here is their tour schedule as I know it right now. If you would like to meet up with the group please let me know and I'll work on coordinating something. I'm waiting on their targeted times of visits to the lights on their list before planning something more concrete.

10/10 Cape Cod Lights
10/11 Cape Cod and Nantucket
10/12 Nantucket
10/13 Newport, RI
10/14 Newport, RI

Drop me a line at keeptheliteson@yahoo.com if you are interested in meeting up with the group.

shirin
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby sunfish » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

yes, they arrived Newport, RI lighthouse,
http://pws.prserv.net/todai/tabi-10.htm
sunfish
1st Assistant Keeper

Return to General Lighthouse Discussion